Five Reasons Why Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) Should Embrace Working With ROS:
Selling brand new medical equipment in today’s environment is challenging for just about any manufacturer. This holds especially true for higher value equipment such as CT Scanners, MRI Systems, Linear Accelerators, and PET/CTs. Competition, declining reimbursement rates/bundling, regulatory hurdles, securing financing, time constraints, construction delays, and a host of other obstacles can prevent success in completing a sale.
Working with ROS can actually help an OEM alleviate some of these burdens.
Here are five reasons why working with ROS makes sense:
- Temporary Equipment Solutions. Sometimes the customer/hospital/clinic needs extra time in preparing for a new machine delivery and installation. In the interim, they need a temporary solution to support patient needs. ROS can help provide an affordable pre-owned equipment system to help bridge the gap. Installing a pre-owned system is often less expensive than renting a mobile unit.
- Low Start-Up Costs Generate Cash to Buy New Equipment. Customers starting new practices can often raise the money needed to buy a brand new piece of medical equipment through their own operations. By starting the practice with a less expensive, pre-owned machine, the customer can get closer to buying a new machine, faster.
- Service Contracts. The OEM can quickly take over the service of a used machine, quickly generating revenue.
- Software Sales. The OEM can upsell the customer to modernize the equipment via software upgrades and re-licensing fees.
- New Socket. Once a customer is familiar with a particular brand, they are likely to purchase it again. Why not support the sale of your brand, and ensure that the next purchase will be yours?