Gamma Knife® Decommissioning Services
ROS, in cooperation with Foss Therapy Services, offers removal and disposal services for older cobalt-60 radiotherapy machines and Gamma Knife® systems.
Now, a budget-friendly way of removing and disposing of older, used Gamma Knife® systems.
- Decommission an older system no longer in use
- Free up space for newer systems
- Free up dollars for your next equipment project
- Complies with all RAM QC directives
Foss Therapy Services, Inc. has developed the tooling, procedures and personnel to decommission Gamma Knife® Model B cobalt-60 Irradiators.
Complete package includes:
- Source Unloading (including utilization of Type B(U) transport packages)
- Source Transport (in compliance with all RAM QC directives)
- Source Disposal (Certificate of Possession Transfer to be issued)
- Device Disposal (Certificate of Possession Transfer to be issued)
A turn-key operation where the customer is relieved of all future ownership and responsibility for the radioactive material and the device.
Up front work:
- Perform site visit to confirm rigging/logistics requirements.
- Scheduling personnel and cask availability - typically 60 days.
- Complete Regulatory notifications.
- Deliver removal equipment to hospital.
Schedule of work:
- Day 1 / 2 Dismantle Gamma Knife® unit and move into position for unloading.
- Day 3 / 4 Set up equipment for unloading.
- Day 5 / 6 Unload 201 cobalt-60 sources from Gamma Knife® Unit.
(Delays for stuck sources could add 1 – 2 days.)
- Day 7 Package and ship sources, begin equipment teardown.
- Day 8 Finish loading equipment, move Gamma Knife® Unit for disposal.
Gamma Knife® is a registered trademark of Elekta Medical Systems
Site 'Section' Navigation:
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation: