ROS offers Medic Vision’s innovative FDA and CMS-cleared solution, SafeCT®-29, an affordable third-party solution that helps achieve NEMA XR-29 compliance.
SafeCT-29 performs real-time dose data analysis, alerts the operator of excessively high dose and prevents further scanning until dose levels are changed or confirmed. It also tracks, logs and saves all actions. With SafeCT-29, you don’ have to replace your existing scanners for XR-29 compliance, and there is no reduction in Medicare/Medicaid repayments.
- Full compliance with XR-29 Dose Check and Dose Report (RDSR) Functions
- Full compliance with NEMA XR-29 “Smart Dose” standards
- Multi-Modality, works with all Vendors
- Approved and Recommended by Philips Healthcare
- No impact on your Scanner’s Warranty
- Only FDA 510(K) and CMS-Cleared Third-Party Solution
HOW DOES SAFECT®-29 WORK?
- Connects to the CT Console without altering the scanner’s operation or functionality.
- Extracts dose data from the scanner.
- Displays an alert or notification to the user, prior to the scan, if the estimated dose level exceeds pre-defined values.
- Prevents the CT operator from continuing the scan in case of over-the-limit dose in accordance with the XR-29 and XR-25 standards.
- Records and logs all events and makes results available for site review and audit.
- SafeCT-29 does not interfere with the CT operation and workflow, even in case of a failure in SafeCT-29.
ABOUT XR-29 Compliance
On January 1, 2017, all CT equipment not in compliance with all four attributes of the XR-29 Standard became subject to a 15% per scan reduction, lowering your reimbursements and reducing profit.
This penalty applies only to the technical component on diagnostic CT procedures billed in imaging centers, physician offices and hospital outpatient settings. The law does not apply to CT simulation for radiation therapy.