DO YOU HAVE AN XR-29 SOLUTION FOR YOUR CT SCANNER?
15% reimbursement cuts are now effective for any sites utilizing CT and PET/CT Scanners that are not NEMA XR-29 compliant. Read about the ACR's (American College of Radiology) updated FAQ’s regarding the NEMA XR-29 Standards.
"The lost income due to XR-29 noncompliance for a CT operator with an average workload (about 12 patients per day) is about $32,000" said Eyal Aharon, CEO of Medic Vision. "The price of SafeCT-29 presents ROI in about one year."
R.O.S. is happy to introduce Medic Vision's innovative FDA and CMS cleared solution, SafeCT®-29, the FIRST and ONLY 3rd party solution for scanners not supported by the OEM. An affordable solution that helps achieve NEMA XR-29 compliance.
SafeCT-29 Meets XR-29 Requirements
- Full compliance with XR-29 Does Check and Dose Report (RDSR) Functions. SafeCT-29 is the ONLY 3rd party solution that provides full compliance with XR-29 and XR-25 Dose Check function.
- Full compliance with NEMA XR-29 "Smart Dose" standards. No need to replace your fully operational equipment to avoid penalties.
- Multi-Modality. SafeCT-29 provides a comprehensive solution for CT & PET/CT Scanners of all vendors, including Philips, GE, Siemens, Toshiba
- Approved and Recommended by Philips Healthcare. Phillips is officially recommending Medic Vision's FDA-cleared SafeCT-29 as a solution for all customers that have a CT and PET/CT Scanner that aren't fully compliant with XR-29 standards.
- Cost-Effective and affordable. No need to replace existing scanners for XR-29 compliance. No reduction in Medicare/Medicaid repayments.
- Doesn't affect Scanner's Warranty. Does not interfere or interrupt the scannder's design and operations.
- Reliability and availability. SafeCT-29 performs real-time dose data analysis, alerts the operator of excessively high dose and prevents further scanning until dose levels are changed or confirmed. It also tracks, logs and saves all actions. Enterprise solutions ensure no loss of data.
- FDA 510(K) Cleared. SafeCT-29 is the only FDA 510(K) and CMS - Cleared 3rd party solution in the market to help achieve XR-29 Compliance
How does SafeCT®-29 work?
- Connecting to the CT Console without altering the scanner's operation or functionality.
- Extracting dose data from the scanner.
- Displaying an alert or notification to the user, prior to the scan, if the estimated dose level exceeds pre-defined values.
- Preventing the CT operator from continuing the scan in case of over-the-limit dose in accordance with the XR-29 and XR-25 standards.
- Recording and logging all events and making results available for site review and audit.
- SafeCT-29 does not interfere with the CT operation and workflow, even in case of a failure in SafeCT-29.
What happens if I don't comply to XR-29?
On January 1, 2016, all CT equipment not in compliance with all four attributes of the XR-29 Standard became subject to a 5% per scan reduction. On January 1, 2017, this reduction increased to 15% per scan, lowering your reimbursements and reducing profit.
This penalty applies only to the technical component on diagnostic CT procedures billed in imaging centers, physician offices and hospital outpatient settings. The law does not apply to CT simulation for radiation therapy. Click here to find out more.
IT'S NOT TOO LATE! DON'T LET REIMBURSEMENT CUTS CONTINUE TO IMPACT YOUR REVENUE.
UPGRADE YOUR SCANNER NOW!
Read more about XR-29 on our BLOG >
Site 'Section' Navigation:
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation: